Deception Bay Neighbourhood Centre is a catalyst in the community for empowering local people to achieve their goals and advocate for change on issues that impact on our people and community. We do this by supporting and providing services, activities, and initiatives that include and enhances social inclusion and employment opportunities.
We work collaboratively with the whole of the community with a key focus to provide opportunities to the lives of the most disadvantaged in our community.
Our Vision is to provide a safe and welcoming environment in which to work collaboratively with people who are experiencing disadvantages to enable them to find pathways to fully participate in every part of life they choose.
COMMUNITY NOTICE – YOUR SAFETY IS A PRIORITY
With this evolving weather situation, flooding and road conditions, it is essential for your safety that you stay informed and know what is happening in your local area:
- Stay tuned to messaging from authorities and the latest warnings from the Bureau of Meteorology
- Understand flooding and road closures by visiting the QLDTraffic website
- Public transport has been impacted and you should visit Translink to understand weather affected services
- If assistance is needed with non-life threatening situations such as rising floodwater, leaking roof, phone SES on 132 500
- Call the Community Recovery Hotline on 1800 173 349 for information about emotional support or personal financial hardship assistance from this event
- Understand current school closures
- People are also being asked to conserve drinking water in South-East Queensland.
- Remember – if its flooded, forget it!